Friday, January 16, 2009

Should Males Be Allowed To Go Bottomless?

First came

discussed the transmission of Michele Santoro, Year Zero, 15 January 2009, Marco Travaglio just concluded his opening speech transmission reciting a poem by Bertold Brecht.

The verses of poetry frame the inactivity of the Germans after the Nazi rise to power and systematic purges of groups considered from time to time "opponents" or "uncomfortable." The poem describes perfectly the dangers of political apathy and disinterest of the population to social events and policies.


In reality, above is a variant attributed to Brecht, the original version of the German Lutheran pastor Martin Niemöller that I leave for a more intimate discussion and a possible approach to this day.

First came

First they came for the Communists and I did not

I raised my voice because I was not a communist.

Then they came for the Social Democrats and

I raised my voice because I was not a social democrat.

Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not

I raised my voice because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews and I did not

I raised my voice because I was not a jew.

Then they came for me and then not

was no one left to speak out for me.

For those wishing to explore the theme of the necessity of popular participation in politics, I suggest a hike in the works of German philosopher moved to the United States during the German occupation, Hannah Arendt.

"From this we can conclude that a liar more successful, more people can get, the more likely he will end up to believe their lies." from the lie in politics - H. Arendt

0 comments:

Post a Comment